[Amps] Discrepencies in Pi-net calculators

Larry Benko xxw0qe at comcast.net
Wed Nov 20 20:53:41 EST 2013

Steve,

Look at the quality of the groups.  The group 3 solution shows up on
several university web sites including 2 text books I have. Therefore I
wouldn't just base my decision on the quantity in each group.

Perhaps a much better way to approach the problem is to just forget
about Q (unless this is just an academic exercise).  It is extremely
easy in LTSpice (free) to plot the frequency response and input return
loss for all 3 groups and then make your decision.  Are you concerned
about impedance match over frequency, harmonic suppression, or something
else?

73,
Larry, W0QE