[Amps] Adhesive for plate choke?

Bill Turner dezrat1242 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 29 17:53:09 EST 2013

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:          (may be snipped)

On Wed, 27 Nov 2013 12:17:01 -0800, you wrote:

>I'm going to attempt to rewind a plate choke for my AL-1200, using the
>old form from the one I blew before. What is the recommend adhesive
>for this application? I've read about home-brew "Q-Dope"[1] - would
>that work? Other suggestions? I'd prefer something that's not going to
>be flammable when in use...
>
>73,
>
>    ~iain / N6ML

REPLY:

Whatever you do be sure to test it for resonances very carefully. Not only
will the Q-dope affect resonance, so will the exact wire you use. Different
wires have different thickness and types of enamel and therefore different
inter-winding capacitance.

Personally, I'd just buy a replacement from Ameritron and be done with it.

73, Bill W6WRT