[Amps] Rubber Mats ( was Direct rectification of AC mains to drive the amp, )

donroden at hiwaay.net donroden at hiwaay.net
Mon Oct 7 11:06:07 EDT 2013

> Did anyone hear about the rubber mat we were talking about at the beginning
> of this thread???
> Alex

I once built a common under a computer floor out of 6 inch wide copper
strap every three feet in a grid configuration and silver soldered at
every crossing.

I insulted it off the concrete floor with 1 foot wide rubber mats.

It neasured 30 ohms to AC power common.   We looked for shorts to the
concrete and metal computer floor supports with no sucess.   We
"broke" the grid in half and now each section measured 60 ohms to
power common.

Turns out that there was enough carbon black in the rubber for it to
be conductive.

We substituted plastic carpet runners for the rubber mat and we
measured megohms to the power common.

just sayin' .... know what you are standing on before assuming you are
"above ground".

Don W4DNR