[Amps] Rubber Mats ( was Direct rectification of AC mains to drive the amp, )

Ron Youvan ka4inm at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 12:00:23 EDT 2013

On 10/07/2013 11:06 AM, donroden at hiwaay.net wrote:

/*snip*/
> I insulted it off the concrete floor with 1 foot wide rubber mats.

> It neasured 30 ohms to AC power common.

 >  Turns out that there was enough carbon black in the rubber for it to
be conductive.
/*snip*/

   A friend asked me to test the vinyl jacket on common RG-8/U to see
how good an insulator it is, because I have a Hi-Potter (to 45 kV) at
work.  I couldn't test it, it is way too leaky to test, obviously for
the same reason.
--
   Ron  KA4INM - Youvan's corollary:
                 Every action results in unwanted side effects.