[Amps] high voltage fuses

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Mon Oct 7 21:09:30 EDT 2013

When I worked for High Voltage Engineering for a short time 1969-70 after
leaving National I watched 100-250KV power supplys do their thing behind
thick steel and brick doors and thru leaded glass.
Even when operating properly the radiation could kill you and watching a
plasma event was a wonder to behold. The power was dumped but the plasma was
self feeding until the room was filled with Halon, I believe, and then
vented.
Being the Sr Engr Tech it was my job to take the system apart, write up a
report for Engineering and then rebuild with the next "fool proof" revision.

I didnt see a future in that field and then went to Sanders Associates where
I discovered the digital world.

Carl
KM1H