[Amps] Regulations

peter chadwick g8on at fsmail.net
Fri Oct 11 06:00:46 EDT 2013

Indeed Alex.

If the device output current is defined as I0 + k1v + k2v.exp2 + k3v.exp3 etc
where I0 is the dc, v is the input volts and k1, k2, k3 etc are the coefficients of the transfer function

Then using coefficients for a 3/2 law and comparing the results against using coefficients for a logarithmic law shows very strongly the differences in the higher order products, with the log law being far worse. Even with NFB.

It sums up as 'you can't win, but you may be able to lose less badly!'

73

Peter G3RZP