[Amps] query re no-ground AC wall socket and amp

Charles Harpole k4vud at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 14 12:52:38 EDT 2013

I am still asking............

1.  The AC supply on the wall socket is two-pin with one side hot and the other side NEUTRAL, not ground.  There is no ground.
2.  Which of the two pins is hot?  That is not known.
3.  Voltage is 220VAC measured from one pin to the other.
Then

4.  Question....  given the info from Lou et al, what are the
consequences, if any, to plugging these Ameritron amps into this kind of
AC supply ??     That is with the two-pin plug turned EITHER WAY upon
insertion.

Please try again for me and my Thailand friend with a blown rig.  tnx 73

Charles Harpole
k4vud at hotmail.com