[Amps] More on two pin 220vac

Ron Youvan ka4inm at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 12:16:28 EDT 2013

On 10/14/2013 09:16 PM, Charles Harpole wrote:

> Sorry to belabor this some, but if we read Mr. Parascondola's first message about the presence of voltage inside some Ameritron amplifiers, he seemed to say that it did matter which side of the hot and neutral of the two-wire supply 220ACV was connected to the amplifier AC input.  Does it matter?

  <<
LV Electrical distribution system . Thailand.

The LV electrical distribution system in Thailand is 220/380V 4 wire
50Hz. Distribution is also at 220V single phase 2 wire 50Hz. Single
phase transformers are supplied from 2 phases of the 3 phase HV
distribution.

The neutral conductor of the LV distribution system is NOT earthed.
essentially it is classed as an IT system under IEC definitions. China
(PRC) also uses this system and do a number of other countries in the
region.

   from:
http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/531353-electrical-distribution-electrical-installations-thailand-2012/

--
   Ron  KA4INM - Youvan's corollary:
                 Every action results in unwanted side effects.