[Amps] Keying Kenwood TL922 with Yaesu FT1000D (both old guys)

Dan Hearn n5ardxcc at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 18:38:38 EDT 2013

Jean: I just finished building an interface to key my TL922 from my FT5000.
The 922 has 120 volts on the keying line, too much for a small signal
transistor. I debated with myself whether to use a high voltage rated
transistor or a small vacuum relay. I selected the small vac relay because
I had one in my parts supply. I think that 120 v is too much for most
transceivers to switch but do not know the rating for the 1000. There many
power transistors with collector ratings of several hundred volts and I
think that is a good way to go.
73, Dan, N5AR

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 2:14 PM, Behiels JeanPierre <on4aef at telenet.be>wrote:

> Hi guys;
>
> Anyone could me put in the right way for next coming contest.
> Witch connection plug I best use on the back of the FT1000D for keying
> this old TL922.
> I saw that the Tl922 keying system has been modified so it could be keyed
> by means of a low power transistor.
> The keynig system of the FT1000D could not be damage by this setup !
> I useual do not handle with amplifiers in my ham carreer so poor
> expirience around hi..
>
> Kindly regards and thanks to all I look forward
>
> Jean ON4AEF.

Dan Hearn
N5AR