[Amps] Keying Kenwood TL922 with Yaesu FT1000D (both old guys)

Jim W7RY w7ry at centurytel.net
Sat Oct 19 10:59:35 EDT 2013

The TL-922 has 120 volts DC on the relay key line. And yes, it will weld
the contacts shut on your radio. The relays on the TL-922 are very SLOW
switching from transmit to receive. They frequently hot switch. This is
why the amplifier arcs in the band switch and plate tuning capacitor.

If I had another one, I would convert to QSK with fast relays and 10
volts of key line voltage @ > 10ma.

IF your looking for a out of the box solution, the Harbaugh SK220 (for
the SB-220) would work in the TL-922. The SK200 (for the SB-200 would
NOT work).

73
Jim W7RY