[Amps] Keying Kenwood TL922 with Yaesu FT1000D (both old guys)

Mark Robinson markrob at mindspring.com
Fri Oct 18 23:27:33 EDT 2013

I would key the amp by grounding the amp PTT line. I would measure the
keying current and also the amp ptt open circuit voltage and then check the
spec on the FT1000D. Then you would know if the FT1000D can key the amp
without damage.

An unmodified TL922 will have around 120VDC on the open circuit relay PTT
line and this voltage can damage some transceivers.

Mark N1UK