[Amps] Henry 2002

Paul Christensen w9ac at arrl.net
Tue Oct 22 21:44:10 EDT 2013

Joe,

I just looked at the service manual for the Henry/Tempo 2002 (RF System
Schematic #800304).  For the condition you describe, it would mean marginal
contact conduction on either RY2 or RY3.  Marginal in that there's enough
conduction to pass exciter RF power but the contact becomes a high
resistance on receive.  Since there's amplification in operate and full
drive power in standby, RY2 and RY3 must be engaging.  Being a vacuum type,
RY2's (RJ1A) contacts cannot be easily cleaned.  I'm not sure what type of
input relay is used but the schematic shows it as a DPDT.  Time for some
relay contact resistance checks on receive with the power plug pulled.  If
the contacts are in the open, try cleaning and/or lightly burnishing.

Paul, W9AC