[Amps] Power output drop

Vic K2VCO k2vco.vic at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 21:50:02 EDT 2013

Yes, if it's the caps then retuning would bring it back up.

I looked at the pix on your website and I see you have a bunch of 0.01 discs in parallel
in series with the input. There is probably some heat being generated there, since a lot
of current flows. A 0.1 uf transmitting mica would be better. Of course the value isn't
critical, so that might not be the problem.

Regarding your comment about the Shurite meters bouncing: a simple solution is to just put
a capacitor across them to damp them out. I used such meters in one of my first HB
transmitters back in 1957!

--
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA