[Amps] Power output drop

Alek Petkovic vk6apk at bigpond.com
Tue Sep 10 21:56:23 EDT 2013

It could be the loading padder cap/s. They may be getting warm and going
open circuit. If that is the case, then no amount of retuning will bring
the power back up.

I make this suggestion because in my experience with several of the old
Yaesu FL-2100 amps, the fixed caps in the input tuning network go open
circuit from heat after some time of operation. In those cases, you can
stick the cap on a C meter and watch it go open and come good by using a
hot air gun and freezer spray.

Good luck.
Alek. VK6APK