[Amps] Power output drop

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Wed Sep 11 10:05:01 EDT 2013

Tank circuit cap drifting should be mitigated by retuning and going open is
very uncommon in US made caps.
More likely a coupling cap, plate coke or its bypass.

A .0047 is sufficient as coupling at 160 and should be made of 2-4 decent
size ceramic caps that can handle the current. WW2 micas are prone to
leakage and RF heating.
And the plate choke looks like it got rather hot in the center. The
Ameritron is a good replacement at $20.

There is too much variation in the photos to figure out what caps are used
and where/when.

Carl
KM1H