[Amps] Clipperton-L question

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Thu Sep 12 11:18:28 EDT 2013

Just as I suspected Larry, its very common.

That is a standard Centralab switch so finding a suitable wafer shouldnt be
too hard on fleabay, hamfests, etc.
As long as the replacement has 2 positions all the others can be ignored.
Get some GC or similar HV Corona dope and brush on the suspet metal areas;
theat stuff has a 30KV rating.

Hard wiring for SSB only is a bad idea for 2 reasons.

1. Much higher surge current

2. Easier to destroy tubes and other parts during tuning.

Always power on and tune in CW. Switching to SSB doesnt require retuning.

Carl
KM1H