[Amps] Question: Where to buy?

w4foa at comcast.net w4foa at comcast.net
Tue Apr 8 17:02:43 EDT 2014

Well, once again, you all have been most helpful and I thank you for that !
Looks like Chinese 3-500s are in my future.
A couple have asked about my problem with the LK-500ZB. After reading several comments, I suspect my problem is associated with heat. The fan on my ZB was quite noisy, I ran it on the low level but I did run an outboard fan, pulling the heat away from the tubes. There was a moderate level POP, but no smoke. Initial analysis is that both tubes are dead, the Zener is also dead.
I wouldn't be surprised to find another component has fallen victim.
Thank you again for your excellent responses. I will be back soon, seeking more advice.
73
Tony, W4FOA
Any suggestions as to upgrading any components while the amp is on the operating table?

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
Frank Outlaw