[Amps] ALS-600 vs ALS-1300

qrv at kd4e.com qrv at kd4e.com
Thu Apr 10 10:09:50 EDT 2014

John,

	There is a discernible received advantage between 600w output
& 1300w output but I'd focus rather on overhead.

	If money is no object when he runs the 1300 soft it should
last forever, whereas if he runs the 600 hot because he wants the
full advantage of 600w vs 100w output it's more stressed and more
vulnerable to sudden changes in SWR, etc.

	I'm working on a Clipperton L but always wanted a SS amp.

IMHO, YMMV ... David KD4E

--

David (NOT Dave) Colburn, KD4E - Nevils, Georgia USA

Safe & Secure Search Engine: duckduckgo.com