[Amps] ALS-600 vs ALS-1300

Bill Turner dezrat1242 at wildblue.net
Thu Apr 10 10:30:00 EDT 2014

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:          (may be snipped)

On 4/10/2014 6:57 AM, John K0CQW wrote:
> I did tell him not much difference in S units between the 600 vs 1200 w

REPLY:

Most of the time the above is correct, but every long time DXer will
tell you about the rare one that got away because he (the DX) just could
not quite copy him. If you're serious about DX, get a legal limit amp.
If you're more casual, the lesser power will do and may cause less TVI
and other problems. For casual operating, I'd go with the 600 watt amp.

73, Bill W6WRT