[Amps] ALS-600 vs ALS-1300

Don Allen w9cw at w9cw.com
Wed Apr 16 20:21:51 EDT 2014

One thought on the ALS-600...  I've known Martin Jue for a long time, as
he and I worked at the same defense industry plant in 1967 - 1968 time
frame (Magnavox Government and Industrial Division).  He and I talk
regularly, and we were discussing the ALS-600 a few months ago, and
Martin recommended the ALS-600S - the version with the switching power
supply.  Two reasons why: 1).  Many of the MRF150 failures are due to
the voltage sag in the linear supply, and 2). The switcher is quite
clean with few spurs.  And, especially for traveling, the switching
supply is much lighter than the linear supply!

73
Don W9CW