[Amps] FW: Filament Growth Question

Matt maflukey at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 03:31:14 EDT 2014

Thanks John.    I can share what I learned from another ham who emailed me
direct and described that the thorium migrates slowly to the surface of the
tungsten element over time, causing the change in microstructure which
increases the brittleness.  He described the process which is the same as
what contributes to the depredation of incandescent light bulb filaments.

73
Matt
KM5VI