[Amps] Old Moto RF Decks

Glen Zook via Amps amps at contesting.com
Mon Dec 1 17:08:32 EST 2014

The 8560A is basically a conduction cooled 4CX250B.  The Eimac specification sheet on the 8560A states that the characteristics are similar to, but not exactly the same, as the 4CX250B.  The differences are that the 8560A has a Cin of 16.5 pf whereas the 4CX250B had a Cin of 15.7 pf and the 8560A has a Cout of 4.6 pf and the 4CX250B has a Cout of 4.5 pf.
Otherwise, the "typical" operating conditions are the same for both tubes.
The main thing with the 8560A is that the heatsink plays a VERY important part as to how much power can be run.
I have a fair number of 8560A tubes left over from my two-way radio days.  I just don't have the heatsinks!
Glen, K9STH