[Amps] henry amp problem

David Harmon k6xyz at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 4 11:24:38 EST 2014

My Henry 3K Classic X MKll has the same configuration.
I bought it used and it was in pitiful condition far worse than I can
briefly describe here.

One of the several problems was this Henry design error that W1QJ describes.
In my case..........the ceramic feed through had been removed and the
partially melted conductor (allthread) had been put through a ball point pen
plastic body which then was jammed through the chassis hole.
I removed all that crap and then using a chassis punch, enlarged and moved
the hole away from the roller, then re-assembled with copper allthread and
nuts and washers.
After getting it in position and tightened up I soldered the whole thing.
This setup is mechanically stable and there is no ceramic insulator.
The conductor goes straight through the center of the hole and can't move
around.
I have been using it for 2 years after the repair and it works flawless.

73

David Harmon
K6XYZ
Sperry, OK