[Amps] Time delay problem with an ALPHA 76 CAE (3tubes).

J.H Mauduit-Larive fr5dx at wanadoo.fr
Sat Dec 13 00:15:52 EST 2014

Hello,

I have an Alpha 76CA #SN 6704 (October 1983). The amp has been stocked
for about 10 years! When I press the ON button , the panel meters
illuminate amber but do not change to pale green after 60/90s as
indicated. Blower starts, HV is normal : 1.5 KV but the meters do not
change to green indicating "ready to transmit". This looks like a "time
delay" problem. Do you have any suggestion to fix this trouble. Living
on Reunion island (Indian ocean) it's very complicated to ship back the
radio for repairing... Thanks in advance for your help. Herik, FR5DX.