[Amps] Time delay problem with an ALPHA 76 CAE (3tubes).

Martin Sole (HS0ZED) martin at hs0zed.com
Sat Dec 13 01:06:33 EST 2014

I've previously had this same problem with such amplifiers. Culprit was
always the capacitor associated with the timing circuit going leaky and
preventing a full charge to switch the timer circuit.

Replace with a similarly rated electrolytic and the problem will most
likely be resolved.

You can prove it first with a voltmeter across the capacitor to observe
the charge, or rather lack of.

73
Martin, HS0ZED