[Amps] AL-811H plate voltage

Robert Groh rgroh at swbell.net
Sun Feb 9 14:49:41 EST 2014

One way to do this (externally - I'm not familiar with the AL-811H) is to 'buck' the primary voltage using a 6 or 12V transformer output winding in series with the ac primary feed.  The current drain on the 6V (or 12V) is only (!) the primary draw of the AL-811 (10A average, 15A peak??).  You get a direct subtraction (if you do the phasing right!) so a 6V transformer would give you 120V - 6V or 5%'ish reduction.  Etc.

Bob, WA2CKY