[Amps] Russian HV Supply Capacitors

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Mon Jan 13 18:02:38 EST 2014

Those new caps are fine and on a par with the CDE 381LX series.
http://www.cde.com/catalogs/381-383.pdf

The improved 381LR is the current standard of comparison for ripple current
ability. Cost is lower too.
http://www.cde.com/catalogs/381LR.pdf

The only way to completely test caps is in a PS running at its intended
voltage and current.  You can do an approximation with a 0-450V bench supply
and what ever resistive load it can take safely and monitor case temperature
and current thru the cap AND at the load.

Carl
KM1H