[Amps] Permeability tuned tuning coils, with taps?

Glen Zook gzook at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 15 16:25:56 EST 2014

There is no power limit of 200-watts for General Class, Advanced Class, or Amateur Extra Class operators in the 28.0 MHz to 28.5 MHz range.  There is a 200-watt power limit for Technician Class and Novice Class on frequencies that those class of operators are allowed below 50.0 MHz.  This is covered in 47 CFR Part 97 Section 97.313(c) which reads as follows:

(c) No station may transmit with a transmitter power output exceeding 200 W PEP:

(1) On the 10.10-10.15 MHz segment;

(2) On the 3.525-3.60 MHz, 7.025-7.125 MHz, 21.025-21.20 MHz, and 28.0-28.5 MHz segment when the control operator is a Novice Class operator or a Technician Class operator; or

(3) The 7.050-7.075 MHz segment when the station is within ITU Regions 1 or 3.

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com