[Amps] 811H pops fuses

TexasRF at aol.com TexasRF at aol.com
Mon Jan 20 12:10:10 EST 2014

Tom, assuming the power supply is a voltage doubler type, two caps are
charged through half of the diodes on one half ac cycle and the other two  caps
are charged through the other half of the diodes on the other half of the
ac cycle.

If the caps on one side are shorted, the diodes on that side may be bad as
well. In fact, shorted diodes could have caused the caps to blow up. They
don't  like ac instead of dc.

73, Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 1/20/2014 8:58:58 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,