[Amps] 811H pops fuses

Tom Osborne w7why at frontier.com
Mon Jan 20 14:07:10 EST 2014

Hi Gerald

I checked that.  I disconnected the secondary of the power transformer from
the diode string and checked them.  The all seem OK as they have a reading
on the VOM one way and infinity the other.  Thanks and 73

Tom W7WHY

Tom, assuming the power supply is a voltage doubler type, two caps are
charged through half of the diodes on one half ac cycle and the other two
caps are charged through the other half of the diodes on the other half of
the ac cycle.

If the caps on one side are shorted, the diodes on that side may be bad as
well. In fact, shorted diodes could have caused the caps to blow up. They
don't like ac instead of dc.

73, Gerald K5GW