[Amps] Building an Amp 101

William Turner dezrat1242 at wildblue.net
Mon Jan 20 23:07:04 EST 2014

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:          (may be snipped)

n 1/20/2014 6:17 AM, Fuqua, Bill L wrote:
> and later discovered how much you could get from an old TV chassis. T

REPLY:

Same here. At age 15 and living in teenage poverty, my very first
transmitter, using a 2E26 (remember them?) was actually build on a
discarded TV chassis. Why not? The sockets were already there and so
were the tubes and other parts. It was ugly as sin but it worked and
made my very first QSO with it to a ham about two miles away in his car.
The moment was electric (pun intended). I remember it like it was yesterday.

73, Bill W6WRT