[Amps] Building an Amp 101

Jerry Muller k0tv at k0tv.com
Fri Jan 17 10:51:36 EST 2014

Jerry (why do I like that name :-)),

While not necessary to have a full machine shop, a drill press can do most
anything. I do some VERY LIGHT milling with mine using a movable vise and
milling bits in the chuck. As long as you're only doing aluminum, take only
a little bit at a time, and prepare to replace your bits often, you can do
it.

I wouldn't try anything without a drill press.

Other tools that help:

Grinding wheel with an aluminum oxide wheel (expensive but do nice finish
work).
Bending Brake.
Cutoff saw.

Good luck,