[Amps] Weird Tubes

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Thu Jan 30 11:26:41 EST 2014

One of my dads friends was an old time ham and I was invited to his house.
Unfortunately I dont remember his call but it was W2B?? and this was around
1954-55.

On the roof was a HB 3el 20M yagi. In the house was the PP VT-127A amp along
with a SX-28. The transmitter was home brew and ran on 20M CW only. On the
floor in the corner was a big pole pig transformer.

When run at his CW speed the anodes were white. Many years later when I had
a better understanding I had to assume that the 1000W input rule was being
seriously abused (-;

Carl
KM1H