[Amps] 3-500Z pin becomes unsoldered

Gary Smith Gary at ka1j.com
Sun May 18 11:58:29 EDT 2014

Gentlemen,

A follow-up, My father W1BML, age 97 became a SK yesterday. He was
unable to be on the radio for the last several weeks and I had hoped
to have his amp fixed and him to take a turn for the better but this
was not the case. He was first licensed in 1936 and became a member
of the ARRL in 1937, remaining an annually paid member continuously
since then. He loved Ham Radio and was an inventor becoming General
Dynamics top rated Electrical Engineer at his retirement in 1986.
Quite a feat for someone with only a High School education.

I will continue to resolve the issue with the socket/pins and may
well use a new socket, it depends if I can find a NOS socket here.

73 and thanks to all for the help.

Gary
KA1J