[Amps] 3-500Z pin becomes unsoldered

Pete Smith N4ZR n4zr at contesting.com
Mon May 19 05:25:55 EDT 2014

For whatever it is worth, I had this problem frequently in contest
service, even with the higher-capacity Harbach fan.  Finally, I swapped
the filament springs for two from the grid, polished the tube pins and
the insides of the contacts, and have had no problems thereafter.  I
could have done these things one at a time, but who believes in the
scientific method anyway?

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net,