[Amps] Alpha 76pa shutdown

Charles Henry k4vud at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 16 23:50:33 EDT 2014

My 76pac has had front panel switch failures.   Pushing the off button did not turn it off.   Other time, the Gang Of Four, failed..............  all these are a bear to replace because Alpha current parts stock do not quite fit and require some bending and so on.  73, Charly
PS.  Thanks to my good friend for doing the change outs.PSS, someday too soon, the replacement switches will not be available and their design does not allow a good old simple toggle switch, bat or ball handle, to be put in place easily.   Many of all kinds of commercial amps outlive their unique replacement parts.    Look at the square sw on the Titan, etc.   Hey, mfgs. come back to toggle switches, good enuf for Mercury capsule, and very good for hams!!!!
Does anyone remember ordering rotary switch wafers in wide choice of positions ... just the wafers!!!!