[Amps] 3CX3000s

Jim Thomson jim.thom at telus.net
Sat Oct 18 07:48:15 EDT 2014

Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 11:02:25 -0500
From: donroden at hiwaay.net
To: amps at contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] 3CX3000s

> Why  one  3CX3000A7  amp?
>
> why not?   If the 3CX-3000F7 is used, then NO socket is required.

What do you use for a quiet fan for a 3CX3  Amp ?

Don W4DNR

##  I use a pair of Dayton  4C006B blowers  on my 3x3 amp.
For full bore use, the tube requires 67 cfm at 1.2 inchs of pressure
and 104 deg F intake air.    The 4C006B is good for 42 cfm at
1.2 inchs pressure.  Hence 2 of em used.  They are noisy though.
So the rf deck sits in the workshop.

##  The rotron CX-33.. will also work good. A small variac works great
on  these blowers.  Temp in shop at night is like 64 deg F.  You can turn the
variac way down for ssb + cw use.   Between a more normal 60-70 F intake
air and ssb + cw use,  you don’t require anywhere near 67 cfm.

Jim   VE7RF