[Amps] pre-distortion

Roger (K8RI) k8ri at rogerhalstead.com
Sun Oct 19 03:42:54 EDT 2014

Warren,  Thank you very much for this note.  By profession and degree
I'm a software engineer
although having retired in 97, I'm afraid I've fallen far behind on both
the hardware and software.  I retired at 57 so I could go play, but
regret not having kept up.

My last class in the masters program was the design and analysis of
algorithms.  IOW, putting the algorithms into mathematical formulas and
running comparisons. Although I claim a Math minor, I do not claim to be
good at it <:-))

Pre-distortion has interested me greatly, but I'm afraid I need to hit
the books again although I'm not sure what reading would best serve me.

I would think pre-distortion  would involve a great deal of math in the
algorithms to analyze the signals

With existing rigs, the band width required is not there that's required
for the process, although with the SDRs, if the source code and
algorithms are available, I would think they would lend themselves
nicely to this process.

Years ago, my cousin (an Electrical Engineer specializing in machine
code and now a SK) asked me about SDRs before anyone had openly heard
about them.  He was interested in starting something up and wondered if
I'd be interested.  I thought for a moment about old timers and their
resistance to change and replied, "Nah, I doubt there'd be a place fo
it"  Shows how good my predictions for the future are, <:-))

73

Roger (K8RI)