[Amps] Ten-Tec Titan 425 - input SWR high

Prem va3uma at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 10:38:14 EDT 2014

Thank you Gerald.

Yes sir, I totally agree with you about the Z/vswr variance because of the
applied drive level.

The analyzer test was done to get a ball-park figure, par se.

Prior tests (inadvertently omitted in my OP) with the actual exciter
connected and driven at 50W, then 80W, also resulted in very high (>2) swr
at the input.

You are probably correct about the amp being 'NAD', however, as I'm a
newbie to the Titan 425, I wanted to hear from other experienced users of
this model - before telling my friend to use his amp "as-is" with an ATU in
between.

73,
Prem
www.qsl.net/va3uma