[Amps] Fwd: Ten-Tec Titan 425 - input SWR high

Prem va3uma at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 17:51:19 EDT 2014

Thank you Jim. Yes, that is one simple test I missed. After reading your
mail, it does look like a possibility. Last night I had my friend turning
the band-switch as I sprayed De-oxit to the wafer switch in the LPF
compartment, however didn't pay any attention to any slippage. It looked
like it was turning in tandem.
Now that you pointed it out, I'll see if the coupling is OK.

Here's something interesting:
On 2 bands I measured the actual best match (least SWR, R ~50, X~0), and
here's what I found:

Band pos = 40
Best reading = 20

Band pos = 20
Best reading = 15

It looks like the LPF wafer is advanced by 20 Deg (next position ?).
I'll investigate further and keep you all posted.

73,
Prem.
www.qsl.net/va3uma