[Amps] Dentron Amp

Carl km1h at jeremy.qozzy.com
Sun Oct 19 20:25:47 EDT 2014

The MLA is more compact than the L but the Ameritron will fit left to right
behind the tank coil. The input resistor has to be moved to under the relay
and a 1/4" hole drilled in the steel center divider which is the side the HV
comes from. Its tight and you dont want the choke too close and parallel to
the tank coil.

OTOH it wont buy you much overall improvement but it will replace a blown
original choke.

Ive been removing 4 turns from the originals in customer amps since we got
the WARC's and cycle in my back up amp MLA in place of the Alpha 76PA a
couple of times a year...and keep the power down to 1000W and the Ig low.

The DTR-2000L does the same for the LK-500ZC at the other station.

Yeah, I like the simple amps that give me no trouble (-;

Carl
KM1H