[Amps] OT - Microwave oven diodes

Val val at vip.bg
Sat Apr 4 16:31:40 EDT 2015

Gary,

The HV diodes are usually made by a string of 1kV diodes. Every
regular silicon diode "eats" 0.6V of the passed thru forward voltage
and a HV string may "eat" 3 or more Volts. Most of the DMMs provide
only a lower voltage that can not "feed" a string of several diodes.
No current flows and the DMM read an open circuit.

The HV diode can be tested in every circuit where the voltage is more
then 10V.

By the way, it is the magnetron that most likely is failed. Check the
filament.

73, Val LZ1VB