[Amps] Tetrode calcs

Steve Wright stevewrightnz at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 15:33:51 EDT 2015

On 29/04/15 04:00, Manfred Mornhinweg <manfred at ludens.cl> wrote:
>> How do I calculate G2 voltage from the Anode voltage?
> Basically you decide at what input power level you will run the tube.....  [trim]

Thanks Manfred, that's very clear!

> So the IMD will be poor, if you drive the tube to a reasonable output.
> With higher screen voltage, this will turn even worse. I would think
> that a 4-400A doesn't combine very well with a 2.5kV supply, unless
> all you want is relatively low power operation. If instead you used a
> 3.5kV supply, you could just run in class AB1 for the same output
> power, with saturation starting at 800V, giving you a better
> combination of efficiency and distortion.

Ok.  I see.

With your spreadsheet, I built a transformer to do filament, sg1, and
tapped sg2, and that worked real well.  Flux density is a little high at
1.4 so it will have a little muffin fan on it, so anyway I can now wind
a better transformer for the plate.  I will try the plate transformer I
have, and then probably build a new one for it.

Thanks for sharing with people on the Internet, Manfred.  You do a good
thing!

Steve