[Amps] Amp output power

Roger (K8RI) k8ri at rogerhalstead.com
Tue Aug 25 02:38:25 EDT 2015

The early datasheets showed larger figures than the later ones.  Yes, I
believe the derating was a political move to make the FCC happy<:-)
Just remember when running near maximum ratings and particularly grid
ratings on fragile tubes, that tune and load control adjustments are
small and careful.  A tiny excursion into over drive due to moving the
load control too far can quickly destroy a tube. With over drive
protection and careful tuning, the tube can be run on the edge and last
for years.

It's a good idea to have sensitive and quick acting over drive protection.

For those who call the 3CX800 small, take a look at the 3CX400/8874.
Then look at the price.  No wonder so many are converted to 3CX800A7s or
3CPX800A7s

73

Roger  (K8RI)