[Amps] More on "baby ur radio"

Jeff AC0C keepwalking188 at ac0c.com
Mon Dec 21 00:28:11 EST 2015

Bill,

My experience was with logic parts (74xx and CD4xxx series variants and the
follow-on families), not with discrete power devices and the characteristics
may be different.  However for the logic stuff, the failure rates are high
in the first few hours of operation, then drop to some pretty amazingly low
value for a very long time (equal to tens of years) and then final death.

The problem is that the "wear out" if you want to call it that is so far out
that it's generally considered a given that the gear will be obsolete or
some quality defect (eventual corrosion ingress to the package) or external
event (voltage spike,etc) will before any wear mechanism kills the part.

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie