[Amps] GS35B Gassy, or Arcing?

Mike Waters mikewate at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 16:43:51 EST 2015

Here you go, from
http://gs35b.com/discussion.html :-)

   - *Filament Burn In - What is burn in and Gettering? Why do we have to
   do it? * Burning in or conditioning a tube is the process of applying
   filament voltage and cooling air only to the tube in stages to slowly
   remove molecules of air that accumulate in the tube over long periods of
   non use. Read the links below for details.
      - http://lists.contesting.com/archives/html/Amps/2003-10/msg00124.html

      - http://www.qsl.net/kk5dr/Tubes.html
      - http://www.hans-egebo.dk/Tutorial/tubes.htm (be sure to read the
      section "What is a getter?")
      - http://www.cpii.com/eimac/eiapps.htm Tube conditioning from the
      folks at Eimac
      - http://www.nd2x.net/tube-prep.html Complete procedure at ND2X
      - http://www.pa7ta.com/GS35B%20data.htm Complete instructions from
      PA7TA
      - Tom, W8JI -
      http://www.w8ji.com/vacuum_tubes_and_vaccum_tube_failures.htm
      <http://www.w8ji.com/vacuum_tubes_and_vaccum_tube_failures.htm>
      - W4ZT's Filament Burn In Jig - Pictures and schematic
      <http://gs35b.com/filament/>

IIRC, some of these are dead links. And there are additional (and
excellent) other sources of info about gettering. I can get them for you
tomorrow if you would like some help.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com