[Amps] 5 Minutes for Ameritron 811H to warm up?

Carl km1h at jeremy.qozzy.com
Fri Jan 23 11:25:53 EST 2015

Those amps have had a lot of poor contact socket problems and Id
 take the cover off and watch the filaments and see if they are instantly on
and stay
on.

The HV is monitored on the meter and should be about 1700V no load and drop
about 200V under load.
If the PO has monkeyed around with the transformer buck/boost wiring the HV
may be in excess of the
1800V cap ratings as well as excessive filament voltage.

Depending upon its production date there are several things attached to the
socket that might have a problem.

Its better to call a tech at Ameritron than waste time on JI's site.

Carl
KM1H