[Amps] L-C-L vs C-L-C

Fuqua, Bill L wlfuqu00 at uky.edu
Fri Jul 10 01:14:32 EDT 2015

  The pi network used in amplifiers is more than a low pass filter and impedance matching device.
Due to its Q it has a resonant peak at the operating frequency which is much greater than its low
pass characteristic. The same is true with the L-C-L pi network and its high pass characteristics.
  Much more that just low pass or high pass filters. In fact any time you try to match two very differing
impedance with LC networks you end up with a resonant peak.

73
Bill wa4lav