[Amps] Time for New Power Meter

Kim Elmore cw_de_n5op at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 3 18:32:50 EDT 2015

I'd love to get an LP-100A. I simply need to save my pennies for a while.

I know that, in my case, the fascination with accuracy comes form my Dad
(W5JHJ SK) -- he was a bit of a nut about it. Thus, I'm always twiddling
with the master oscillators in my transceivers to match them to WWV.
Does an error of 10-20 Hz really make any difference? Do I ever operate
THAT close to band edge? No, but it's the principle of the thing :) I've
always been more lenient about RF power because it is is so devilishly
difficult to measure.

Kim N5OP
--

Kim Elmore, Ph.D. (Adj. Assoc. Prof., OU School of Meteorology, CCM, PP
SEL/MEL/Glider, N5OP, 2nd Class Radiotelegraph, GROL)

/"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in
practice, there is." //– Attributed to many people; it’s so true that it
doesn’t matter who said it./