[Amps] SCR to adjust 240v to 200v

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Aug 15 12:30:25 EDT 2016

No surprise. About 40 years ago, I had a job maintaining and
troubleshooting a wide range of installed systems -- audio, video,
security, etc. One was a simple intercom in an apartment complex that
used SCRs for something -- don't even remember what -- but they had a
very low voltage rating, and were always failing from voltage induced on
system wiring. Ten Tec made a similar error with too-low voltage ratings
on the discrete semiconductors used in the keying logic of their
otherwise very nice Titan 425 amp.  In both cases, there were higher
voltage rated parts in the same series, but I've got a feeling that, as
so often happens, the bean counters subbed the lower voltage parts to
save pennies.

73, Jim K9YC